Twitter Quiz 1
Earlier this evening, I carried out another Celtic quiz on Twitter, featuring fifteen questions in all. I plan on making this a monthly feature, rather than doing so sporadically as I have done in the past. Also, I’ve decided to put all of the relevant quiz data on the website so please feel free to check it out.
Below, any of you who missed the quiz will be able to find all of the questions.
The answers can be found at the very bottom of this page, so as not to ruin it for anyone who wants to show the quiz to a family member or friend etc.
Please note that as some statistics are subject to change over the course of a season, a few of the answers contained herein will only be valid at the time of publication.
Thank you, as ever, for your participation, and well done to you all.
1. Who is this?
2. Can you name the 3 men with surnames starting “Do…” to have played for Celtic competitively since 1990?
3. Which Celtic player’s name does the following anagram disguise? “Enhance Loon Log”.
4. Who is this?
5. Who is the only man from Sierra Leone to play for Celtic Football Club?
6. Which Celtic player’s name does the following anagram disguise? “No Cot Recall”.
7. Who has scored more goals this season in all comps? Leigh Griffiths? Or Kris Commons, Tom Rogic, Dedryck Boyata & Nadir Ciftci (combined)?
8. Who is this?
9. Just five defenders have played 900 minutes or more (the equivalent of ten full matches) for Celtic this season in all competitions, name them.
10. Which Celtic player’s name does the following anagram disguise? “Aging By Wines”.
11. Who is this?
12. Six Celtic players were sent off during the treble winning 2000/01 season, name them.
13. Which Celtic player’s name does the following anagram disguise? “A Curtain Had Jib”.
14. Which pairing have played more competitive minutes for Celtic this season (combined)? Kieran Tierney & Scott Allan or Saidy Janko and Anthony Stokes?
15. Finally, only three Celts scored a solitary goal in competitive matches last season (2014/15). Can you name them?
1. Morton Rasmussen
2. Simon Donnelly, Robert Douglas and Massimo Donati (N.B. Several of you suggested Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe as a potential answer to this question, and although his surname technically begins with a “P” (which is why I didn’t notice this issue in advance), he did wear the name “Doumbe” on the back of his shirt so feel free to consider yourselves correct if you said him!)
3. Eoghan O’Connell
4. Jim Goodwin
5. Mohammed Bangura
6. Carlton Cole
7. Leigh Griffiths (19 goals to date, whilst Commons (7), Rogic (5) Boyata (4) and Ciftci (2) have netted 18 times between them)
8. Stuart Gray
9. Dedryck Boyata (2332 minutes, the most played by any outfield player this season), Emilio Izaguirre (1621), Mikael Lustig (1610), Efe Ambrose (1096) and Virgil van Dijk (900)
10. Wayne Biggins
11. Aiden McGeady
12. Jackie McNamara, Chris Sutton (twice), Bobby Petta, Alan Thompson, Lubomir Moravcik and Didier Agathe
13. Bahrudin Atajic
14. Saidy Janko and Anthony Stokes (787 minutes combined, marginally bettering Kieran Tierney and Scott Allan’s present total of 753 minutes)
15. Liam Henderson, Wakaso Mubarak and Adam Matthews.